Park Associations & Park Partner Groups
Park associations act as stewards of the park. They provide a way for groups and individuals working within a regional park to meet, coordinate activities, educate, assist understanding among users, raise funds for special events or recruit new members and volunteers.
Volunteer park partners, Metro Vancouver Parks staff, the public and, most importantly, regional parks benefit from our working together.
Volunteers working through park associations gain:
• direct involvement in the operation, care and management of their regional park;
• opportunities to share resources, ideas, expertise, skills and contacts;
• a stronger voice for community interests
• closer working relationships with Metro Vancouver Parks staff;
• new friends and marvelous experiences.